War in the Adriatic
- Corzulot – The ancient Dalmatian language of the region, spoken by the descendants of the Roman colonies
- Vénetan – Italian dialect spoken by the leaders and tradesmen, it mixes freely with Corzulot, creating a unique Romantic dialect in the docks.
- Sandžak – The Slavic language, spoken for hundreds of years already. Ancestor of modern Montenegrin. Spoken more by those from the hinterland than coastal dwellers.
- Turkish – Another trading language spoken in the docks. Considered vulgar by Ottoman elite.
- Ottoman – Courtly language of the Empire.